This ministry team deals with all issues relevant to the training and examination of candidates, licentiates and teaching elders. These matters include, but are not limited to:
- Administering all examinations required with reference to candidacy, internship, licensure and ordination.
- Recommending elders to be appointed by Presbytery to all ordination and installation commissions.
- Serving as a liaison between Presbytery and ordained pastors from other Presbyteries or denominations seeking membership in the Presbytery. This work will include the examination of such men with a view toward presenting them to Presbytery for membership.
- Requiring a written annual report from all candidates, interns, and licentiates, and recommending to Presbytery appropriate action as needed.
- Teaching elders will seek Presbytery’s approval for any changes in their status through this ministry team.
Convener: Pastor John Peoples
Email John here