Parakaleo is a ministry to church planting spouses.
Parakaleo exists to strengthen the gospel spreading impact of church planting by coming alongside church planting movements and church planting couples. Through coaching, connecting, caring and celebrating we facilitate training, encouragement and care of church planters and their spouses. To learn more see www.parakaleo.us. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Parakaleo. To contact the Network Leader for Indiana contact Carmen Williams: .
Regularly Scheduled Meetings:
1. Quarterly Gatherings take place alongside of the Central Indiana Presbytery meetings. Teaching, training and group coaching from the Parakaleo Toolkit is from 9am – 4pm. All TE and RE wives and women whose husbands are Under Care or in LAMP and wish to explore future pastoral ministry are invited. Nursery is provided.
2. Monthly Parakaleo Network Meetings are for current church planting spouses. Group coaching happens in the local network meetings and through Table Consults. Parakaleo’s Gospel Coaching is an on-going, intentional conversation that empowers a person or group to take the hope of the gospel to their own hearts in order to creatively, freely, and fully live out God’s calling.
3. Yearly Presbytery Retreat for TE and RE Wives where additional teaching and training take place using Parakaleo Tools. (Retreat cost will be based on location, meals and materials)
1. Personal Coaching happens when a church planting spouse engages the help of a trained Parakaleo coach for a contracted time and dollar amount.
2. CLI/CLSI – The Church Leader Inventory (CLI) or Church Spouse Leader Inventory (CLSI) is an interactive 360 degree assessment (self and six observers) instrument that helps evaluate the readiness of candidates for church planting and missional leadership. By measuring 34 competencies among 10 Key Dimensions of effective missional leaders, the Church Leader Inventory provides a snapshot of a candidate’s readiness to enter or be effective in church ministry, either starting a church or be effective in Missionally based church leadership. (Cost per inventory $100) Contact Jenny Dorsey for administration and debriefing fee.
3. Parakaleo’s “Alongside” newsletter. Sign up at http://www.parakaleo.us/resoures alongside-newsletter.html.
4. “Beyond Duct Tape – Holding the Heart Together in a Life of Ministry” resource book prepared by Parakaleo staff and may be purchased at Amazon.com ($22.50). Church planting and pastoral ministry can be lonely, stressful, and ambiguous. This resource, written by seasoned church planting spouses, addresses the essential truths that impact survival in ministry: story, gospel, idolatry, identity, calling and community. Each of the five units includes myths, personal stories, and tools for deeper understanding and application. While the focus is on church planting, the tools can be used in any area of leadership and ministry.
5. http://sharithomas.org/blog/ this blog address issues women face while church planting.