This ministry team deals primarily with the pastoral care of the ministers of presbytery and their wives. The responsibilities of this team include, but are not limited to:
- Providing pastoral oversight and ongoing training for teaching elders of Presbytery.
- Providing pastoral encouragement and counsel to ministers without a call to a particular work.
- Providing pastoral encouragement and counsel to ministers engaged in work not under the jurisdiction of the Presbytery including, but not limited to, foreign missionaries, military and
- institutional chaplains, and those who have been called to service with the denomination’s agencies.
- Establishing, maintaining, and overseeing regular events for elders’ wives at each Presbytery meeting.
- Requiring a written annual report from all non-retired teaching elders without a call, and teaching elders laboring out of bounds, and recommending to Presbytery appropriate action as needed (cf. BCO 13-2; 34-10).
- Involving itself as directed by the Presbytery and at the request of churches and teaching elders to consult with and advise sessions of churches without pastors; offer its counsel to churches and teaching elders; counsel parties in dispute.
- Handling all contested requests for dissolution, which will be brought to Presbytery through this team.
- Assisting churches within the bounds of Presbytery by acting as peacemaker on non-judicial matters.
- Providing diaconal counsel and evaluating the need for assistance on behalf of the Presbytery to ministers when possible needs are made known.
Convener: Pastor Bob O’Bannon
Email Bob here